We were up early again as Del wanted to get things organised for the engine parts arriving today. Lead lights, torque wrenches, and lever bars and socket sets were at the ready..
Del decided to look at the fuel side of things as he hadn't done it for a few weeks.. So first job was to take a sample of the fuel from the bottom of the tank and he was quite shocked when he found it cloudy and loads of bits floating in the fuel..
The parts we paid for arrived at 11.30 am and we met the delivery driver at Clifton Cruiser's. We opened the box when we got in to find everything we needed was there.
On dropping it in the slot there was a bit of play, so some light sanding of the burred edges seemed to sort it out. We then had to fit the pulley for the Engine alternator and found that there was paint on the engine side of the pulley, which the first modification didn't have..
This is where things get tricky as the torque for the nut is 110 Lb/Ft, and that is bloody tight.. With Al's help we got a click out of the torque wrench and then fitted the alternator belt.
We now just had to fit the alternator belt given to us from On Board Energy, (they had given us this as a good will gesture and got it delivered it to us FOC).. Great service!.
The belt was fitted and Derwent6 purred like Tooty cat. In fact it is the best Derwent6 has sounded, it seemed so quiet..
So it had been an exciting day for us.. (Not!) We have been amazed at the lithium batteries though, which are still holding at 68% and we haven't run the engine for five days.