Decision made! Sadly, we were turning back this morning. It was a hard decision as we don't normally let things like this get in the way, but if we could save water for someone who needs it more than we do, then its got to be a good thing.. To add to the misery, we had this message from CaRT.
Our hose just reached from the lock moorings as we also waited to see if we could link up with someone else going in our direction.
It is very pretty through this section back towards Newbury and it was all so much easier going down the locks. Even the gates were opening fully, but you did have to watch the cill on the way down.. This fella was keeping out of the way..
We plan an early start tomorrow so we chilled in the evening after Al had cooked a lovely steak and salad to keep us going..