As we had one of those lazy days today we thought we would give you the top five best things on Derwent6 (as we get asked a lot) and what we feel is a must to have as a liveaboard. So here they are..
1. The Bed - it is most important that you get a good nights sleep and lets face it you spend half your life in it... We did have a nice memory foam mattress and a bed that pulls out to form a king size...
2. The Morso Squirrel multi fuel stove - You never go cold with this on board, it burns coal or wood very well and keeps in overnight very easily. We also cook on it a lot and always boil the kettle on it, saving gas.
3. Our Cratch - This is our favourite area on the boat, where we laze, sleep, eat and drink. It even feels nice when it's raining.
4. Vegetable Steamer - This has saved us a fortune on gas as you can do all the vegetables at once on one hob.
5. Manual Pumpout - This has been a godsend when we have been iced in. A pumpout also takes the worry out of everything when staying in the middle of nowhere for a couple of weeks without being near an elsan point.
Its all 'horses for courses' and this will not be everyones choice, but it works for us!