The first coat had dried nicely overnight so the first thing we did was give it a quick rub down to take off some of the rough edges and also it gives the second coat a key in case it was damp on the surface.
We then rubbed down the bands at the stern and added the primer. We also removed the weed hatch for painting. We then both gave Derwent6 a second coat. We found the sponge rollers better than the cloth ones, as they leave loads of bits in the paint surface.
We then finished the red and white bands on the stern and did all the last minute touching up.After cleaning up brushes and sorting out the workshop, we were all done by around 5.30pm and had a well earned drink in the pub. We ended up having fish and chips as well for all our hard work.