Monday, March 11, 2013

This is all about Friends and Family

Well it was another busy weekend ahead for us... We were up early Friday and met up with Pat and Keith ( Del's mum) who were looking after Derwent6 for us..They kindly took us to Market Harborough where we got the train down to Kent. We first went to Al's Mum and Dad"s, as we always do, to make sure they were ok and Alf had cooked us a lovely dinner.. We stayed there the night..
On Saturday morning we were up and sorting out some boxes we still had from moving onto Derwent6, yes we did come to the conclusion that if we hadn't needed them in all this time, they weren't needed at all.. So after another last look at them, we ventured out to the charity shop where they were open arms to take them..  We then went on to see our friends Maxine and Graham (who had both been ill over the last month) and it was good to see them on the mend... We sorted out some things for the future, what this space!!
It was then on to see Terry and Ron (Del's step mum) where we caught up with all their home improvements, and there had been a lot.. New furniture and conservatory changes etc. In the evening we had a 21st party to go to. It was Sam's Birthday (Sam is dressed in white in the picture) and we caught up with more friends there and ended up staying till 3.00am, crashing at Terry's that night..
On Sunday after a nice breakfast we left to see Steve and Erica who were going on holiday soon and then popped in to see Bernie (who was busy decorating) after Steve had asked us to drop some bits off for him.. In the afternoon we went down to The Roebuck Inn at Harrietsham which is being run by Del's brother Cliff.. He had arranged a meeting with the family (and a lovely meal) together with Del's other brother Craig and all the kids.. It was a lovely family get together where we sorted out more future plans.. (keep watching this space)
It was then back to Al's Mum and Dads...
On Monday we woke up to snow, but it wasn't laying. We borrowed Al's Dads car and drove back to Derwent6 before it started to get too bad with a forecast of more on the way... We got back to Derwent6 at 2.15pm and it was snowing heavens hard but only in short showers.. Derwent6 was freezing, it was minus two outside.. So it was fire lit, kettle on, central heating on, and a couple of gas rings on to top it off.. It still took a couple of hours before we could take our hats and coats off.. yes it was bloody cold!!!

It still always feel good to be home and it soon got cosy again.. As you can see we were knackered so it will be an early night for us under the blankets with a hot water bottle...

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Looking forward to seeing " watch this space " :)
Take care both....have fun and enjoy as usual
Jacquie & Stein